Wheatgrass is the young grass shoots of the wheat plant, harvested just before reaching maturity. Valued as a superfood, wheatgrass is bursting with vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds that provide a powerhouse dose of nutrition. While wheatgrass is commonly consumed as a fresh juice, turning the juice into a dried powder offers a shelf-stable way to harness its benefits. Wheat grass juice powder makes it easy to add this therapeutic plant into your diet any time of year. Let’s explore the merits of wheatgrass and how the juice powder measures up to the fresh juice.
Why Wheatgrass is Considered a Superfood
- Extremely high in chlorophyll, often referred to as the “life blood” of plants
- Contains a full spectrum of vitamins, especially high in Vitamins A, C and E
- Rich source of minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, and amino acids
- Has antioxidant compounds like flavonoids which combat free radicals
- Provides enzyme content that aids digestion
- Alkalizing effect helps balance the body’s pH levels
- Contains compounds that boost immunity and detoxification
- Promotes glucose tolerance and helps regulate blood sugar
- May have anti-inflammatory and anticancer benefits
With its stellar nutritional profile, it’s easy to see why wheatgrass juice is called the “health elixir of the 21st century.”
Comparing Fresh Wheatgrass Juice vs. Powdered Varieties
Fresh wheatgrass juice retains live enzymes and higher nutrient levels, providing the maximum benefit
- Powdering the juice concentrates its compounds while preserving key nutrients
- Powders offer longer shelf life of up to 2 years compared to 1-2 days for fresh juice
- Juice powders provide convenience, more flexibility in use, and avoid juicing hassles
- Powders allow accessing wheatgrass benefits anywhere without juicing equipment
- With cold-drying methods, powders can closely replicate nutritional value of fresh juice
- Choose organic, spray-free powders processed at low temperatures for best quality
While fresh wheatgrass juice has advantages, high-quality powders make it more practical to incorporate its nutrition on a regular basis.
Incorporating Wheatgrass Juice Powder into Your Routine
Wheatgrass powder offers versatility to add its nutrients into:
- Smoothies, shakes, and juice blends
- Yogurt, oatmeal, and cereal toppings
- Sauces, dressings, dips, and other recipes
- Sprinkled over salads, soups, popcorn or roasted veggies
- Baked goods like muffins, breads, and energy bars
Start with 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 teaspoon daily, gradually increasing up to 1-2 teaspoons for full benefits. Combining with fruit juices or smoothies helps mellow its strong, earthy flavor.
Reap the Benefits of Wheatgrass Nutrition
Tapping into the health superpowers of wheatgrass is now easy and convenient thanks to juice powders. With just a spoonful a day, you can nourish your body with raw plant nutrition packed with chlorophyll, vitamins and minerals that provide a natural energy and health boost. Add wheatgrass powder into your favorite recipes for an instant upgrade.